In line with its responsible investor philosophy, Mirova is committed ...
MAIF Group honored in 2013 Responsible Investor Award
Amadeis and Mirova, the responsible investment core of Natixis Asset Management, have come together for the sixth consecutive year to present the Responsible Investor Award in partnership with Les Echos.
This year, the prize was awarded to mutual insurance group MAIF.
The aim of the award is to reward institutional investors who have stood out as responsible investors through their actions over the previous twelve months.
With assets under management totaling approximately EUR 15.7 billion , the MAIF group has made responsible investing a key focus of its investment policy since 2009:
• the first French insurer to sign the PRI
• SRI charter formalized and validated by the Board of Directors, specifying the company’s engagement focus.
In 2013, this approach translated into concrete initiatives in responsible investment, including:
• Integration of an internal SRI analysis and rating process based on VIGEO research, which has an impact on compulsory investment decisions. This asset class represents ¾ of the group’s financial investments. Evaluation of the extent to which MAIF’s partner management companies have adopted SRI in their corporate conduct and in their investment via an SRI due diligence questionnaire.
• Signing of a research partnership agreement with the University of Auvergne to finance the “Corporate Value and Social Responsibility” Chair.
This year, the award was presented at an event organized with ICGN, a global organization dedicated to promoting corporate governance standards.
/// The jury for the 2013 award
The jury, chaired by Jean-Michel Severino, consisted of recognized authorities in Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and sustainable development.
• Philippe Chalmin, Founder of Cercle CyclOpe, professor of economics at the University of Paris-Dauphine
• Sébastien Duquet, Managing Director of ResponsAbility France
• Robin Edme, Senior Advisor, Responsible Finance, Ministry of the Environment, Sustainable Development and Energy, former chairman of FIR and Eurosif
• Christian Huglo, Lawyer and founder of law firm Huglo Lepage & Associés, specialist in environmental law
• Jean-Michel Severino, manager of "Investisseurs et Partenaires conseil", a risk capital fund management company dedicated to Sub-Saharan Africa
• Hélène Valade, Sustainable Development Director at Lyonnaise des Eaux, Chair of C3D (College of Sustainable Development Directors)
/// For more information