In line with its responsible investor philosophy, Mirova is committed ...
Climate Change: Natixis AM and Mirova active engagement
The CMP11, held in Paris at the end of 2015, showed that it is essential to limit climate change. Governments have to work with the private sector in order to reach their objectives as quickly as possible.
This is why, as part of their engagement policy, Natixis AM and Mirova mobilize their forces with 130 institutional investors. They encourage, via a letter, G20 leaders (ministers, central bank governors and state heads of government) to adopt 6 key measures at the next Summit, held on September 4th and 5th in Hangzhou, China:
- Ratify the Paris agreement before the end of the year (to attract better investment in low- and zero-carbon solutions)
- Implement the 2015 Global Investor Statement on Climate Change (provide stable, reliable and economically meaningful carbon pricing)
- Support a doubling of global investment in clean energy by 2020,
- Prioritize implementation of, and prepare to strengthen, nationally determined contributions to achieve the Paris Agreement’s goals
- Prioritize rulemaking by national financial regulators to require disclosure of material climate risks
- Welcome the work of the G20 green finance study group
The signature of this letter consolidates our continuous and active engagement towards the best environmental practices.
1 - The Paris agreement is a universal climate agreement signed by 177 countries in Le Bourget, France in 2015. The signatory countries have set two main objectives : i) to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels, and ii) to reach zero net anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions during the second half of the 21st century.