In line with its responsible investor philosophy, Mirova is committed ...
Combine value creation and sustainable development
A NEW APPROACH TO RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
Mirova’s philosophy is based on the conviction that integrating sustainable development themes can generate solutions that create value for investors over the long term.
This philosophy revolves around three strategies:
• the link between finance and the real economy, by investing in companies with innovative business models,
• value creation by identifying sustainable assets capable of delivering performance over the long term,
• and lastly, responsibility and engagement by becoming actively involved in improving corporate, business sector and financial practices.
AN ENGAGED INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT BASED ON SOUND INVESTMENT PROCESSES AND IN-DEPTH COMPANY SELECTION
Mirova offers a global responsible investing approach with a single offer revolving around 5 pillars:
Listed equities: investing in global companies that provide innovative solutions through a global approach structured around 8 major sustainable development themes.(1)
Bonds: enhance conviction-based investment management in bond markets by integrating ESG criteria with our credit analysis and by supporting environmental and social issuance.
Infrastructures: financing responsible projects with strong yield potential, based on two key areas of expertise: renewable energies and infrastructures.
Impact investing: investing in non-listed companies with a strong social and environmental impact.
Voting and engagement: supporting investors in the exercise of their voting rights and the implementation of engagement actions.
• €4.8 billion asset under management,
• €1.6 million in infrastructure projects,
• €40 billion in voting and engagement in assets under management (as of december 31, 2015)
Data as of December 31, 2016
Mirova has around sixty multi-disciplinary experts benefiting from strong experience: specialists in thematic investment management, engineers, financial and ESG analysts, specialists and experts in socially-conscious finance and project financing.
(1) Sustainable energy, sustainable mobility, sustainable buildings and cities, sustainable consumption, sustainable health, sustainable information and communication technology, sustainable resources, sustainable finance.
(3) ESG: Environment, Social/Societal and Governance.